Cancer Voices NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation and is membership based. Our membership is made up of individuals and organisations. Cancer Voices NSW members include people with cancer and cancer survivors, carers, cancer care professionals, cancer researchers, and interested organisations.
Our purpose is to provide the independent voice for those affected by cancer in our state and beyond to key stakeholders and decision makers including government, information and service providers, and research organisations.
Cancer Voices NSW provides a forum for those affected by cancer to share their concerns, ideas and experiences. Our representatives offer broad, informed views on cancer issues at local, state and national levels – wherever decisions about us are made.
Since 2000, Cancer Voices NSW has been influential in improving cancer care, information, support and the direction of research in both NSW and across Australia.
- To reduce the impact of cancer on the community, in terms of lives affected and lives lost
- To promote a balanced public awareness of cancer
- To encourage, and provide a facility for those with experience of cancer to contribute at all levels of decision-making about the disease
- To define issues that are important to cancer consumers and to advocate for measures to address them
- To work towards ensuring access to the highest quality treatment and support services, regardless of their geographical location, social or economic status, ethnicity or stage of disease
- To influence the direction of research into causes, prevention, optimal treatments and support
- To provide a forum for people affected by cancer to share experiences and information.
- Cancer Voices NSW (CVN) is an entity registered under Australian business registration and is incorporated under the provisions of the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (NSW) and Associations Incorporation Regulation 2016. The Executive Committee (EC), which is elected annually, is the governing body for the organisation and is made up of people who have been affected by cancer
- CVN’s Constitution confers various powers to the Executive Committee to manage and control CVN’s business. The Leadership Team, which is made up of the Chair, Deputy Chair, Secretary, and the Consumer Involvement in Research Program Manager, is responsible for the day-to-day management of Cancer Voices NSW
- CVN is a not-for-profit registered incorporated organisation (ABN 85117 269079). The organisation is a registered charity (ACNC No INC9877248), endorsed with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status, which means that it can receive donations that are tax deductible. A receipt is issued, and donors can deduct the amount of their donation from their taxable income when they lodge their tax return.