CVN Portfolio Teams
Cancer Voices NSW is undergoing some change and we want to bring you up to date.
Following our strategic planning workshop in 2022, a number of key changes have been introduced including the establishment of five Portfolio Teams, designed to focus on key areas of Cancer Voices activity. These are:
- Consumer Involvement in Research
Each of these Portfolio Teams focusses on a strategic aspect of CVN work and we are inviting members of CVN to be involved. Please consider how your skills and interest may be able to contribute to any or all of these Teams.
More information about each of these Teams can be found below.
Marketing (Portfolio Lead: Phil Mendoza-Jones)
We have recently launched our new CVN website and are looking at a stronger digital marketing approach and at ways of raising our social media profile. The aim of this Portfolio Team is to encourage more people to engage with CVN and become members.
- Phil is looking for 2-3 members who would be interested in managing posts to our website and our social media reach (Facebook and Instagram in the short term) and promoting Cancer Voices to the wider community.
Membership (Portfolio Lead: Sarah Lukeman)
We would like to grow our membership and to engage with our existing members more frequently to continue the important work of CVN.
- Sarah is looking for 2-3 people who are interested in being part of this Portfolio Team. Enthusiasm and a few hours a week are all that is required – experience with membership recruitment, induction and ongoing membership engagement will be a bonus and most welcome.
Consumer Involvement in Research (CIR) (Portfolio Lead: Kathryn Leaney)
We have a growing need for more people to join our CIR Program to contribute their knowledge and expertise to work with researchers to help improve cancer research, particularly given the growing awareness of the value of consumer involvement, and an increasing number of requests for our CIR matching service.
Would you like to work with researchers?
Meet some of our consumers and their researcher partners and read what they have to say about these partnerships, what motivates them and how they work together to support cancer research.
- Kathryn is looking for 2-3 people to assist with various components of the CIR Program including the matching service and promotion of the CIR Program to universities and research institutes as well as potential consumers.
Advocacy (Portfolio Lead: Elisabeth Kochman)
Cancer Voices NSW is constantly engaged in campaigns and projects aimed at improving the cancer experience for patients and their carers and families. We do this by working in partnership with key stakeholders and decision-makers such as the Cancer Institute NSW and Cancer Australia. Cancer Voices also develops policy statements and makes submissions to both the NSW and Federal governments.
- Elisabeth is keen to strengthen our connections with key organisations such as the Cancer Institute NSW and Cancer Council NSW, and provide considered and timely responses to present CVN’s position on the wide range of strategies, policies and programs as they are developed at the state and national level. If you have an interest in any of these areas, please let us know.
Governance (Portfolio Lead: Murray McLachlan)
In 2021, an Executive Committee Charter was developed and introduced as our operating procedures, including a revised Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Undertaking. A more contemporary Constitution was developed and endorsed at our AGM in 2022. There is an ongoing need to ensure that Cancer Voices continues to be compliant with relevant legislation and organisational requirements, and to operate under ‘good governance’ principles.
- Murray is looking for 2-3 members who can contribute to this work, including the development and implementation of a risk management framework for our organisation.
Like to be involved or want more information?
If you would like to be involved or would like to know more about any of the opportunities outlined above, please contact us at [email protected].